Book Club Library
Join a book group at your local library, or start a new one!
Our Book Club Library will provide your book group with multiple copies of the books you want to talk about. We have books for all ages, interests,
and reading abilities. We even have classroom sets of books for teachers.
If you prefer to join a club that already exists, many of our libraries have book clubs that welcome everyone. Look for book club meetings at a library near you, or ask your local librarian for more information.
How does it work?
When you're ready, please contact us with the following information:
- The name of your club. Whether it's simple, straightforward, or downright silly, your members will need to know your group's name to pick up their books.
- How many copies of the books you will need. Most groups have between 8-12 members.
- When and where you want the books to be available for pickup. Your members can pick up books at any of our 30 libraries. Most clubs choose to pick up books about 4 weeks before that book's discussion. Example: if you regularly meet on the first Monday of each month, you may want books to be available in the first week of the previous month.
- The email address of your group's leader. This person will communicate directly with our Book Club Coordinator about the books your group wants, changes to your schedule, and more.
- Email addresses for every member of your group who would like to be informed about library programs and author visits in your area.
- A list of the books your group is interested in reading. Search the complete list of books available for your club, and choose 6-12 books you are interested in. Books are scheduled based on availability, and we will always do our best to get the books you want to read.
Which books are available?
We have over one thousand fiction, nonfiction, and biography titles available for book groups of all ages and reading abilities.
If we don't currently have the book your group is interested in reading, please contact us.
Featured Book Club Books
by Cameron, W. Bruce
by Allende, Isabel
by Browder, Bill
by Berg, Elizabeth
by Atkinson, Kate
Resources for Book Clubs
The secret to finding great books! Type in your favorite title, genre, or author for suggestions of books you are sure to love. You'll find lists of books in series order, along with many other great features.
This is a go-to website for everything you need to know about starting and running a book club. It includes reading guides for popular books, delicious recipes inspired by the books you read, suggestions for books that spark good conversation, and fun online courses in reading and literature.
READING GROUP GUIDES
This website provides everything your book club needs! You'll find book discussion guides for popular book club books, generic questions to get your conversations going, book reviews, tips for choosing books and running book groups, and much more.
Start a club for Teens
Interested in meeting new people and talking about great books? Want to have a book club with your friends? There are so many options when it comes to starting a book club for teens - from choosing books to deciding when and where you want to meet. Get in touch so that we can help you get started!
Start a club for Kids
Book clubs for kids can be a lot of fun, and don't need to be a lot of work. Whether you're looking to start a parent/child book club or you are more interested in forming a group just for kids, we can help! Check out these great tips for how to start and run a book club for kids from PBS Parents, and contact us with any questions or when you're ready to get started.
Classroom Book Sets for Educators
If you are a teacher or homeschooling parent, you can get an educator library card in addition to your personal library card. In addition to other great benefits, this card will allow you to borrow our classroom book sets for a two-month period.
Please be in touch!
Book Club Coordinator
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 3:30pm
(509) 663-1117 Ext. 102