Mail Order Library
Our Mail Order Library will deliver library material straight to your door - at no cost to you!
This service is available to anyone with a library card who lives or owns property in our service area.
How do I order material through Mail Order?
Choose "Mailorder" as the pickup location on your holds. A librarian will find your item at one of our libraries, send it to our distribution center, and items will be checked out and mailed to you as soon as possible. All items ordered through our Mail Order Library have a slightly extended checkout period to compensate for the time items spend in the mail.
- Visit our online catalog and log in to your account.
- Search for your item.
- Click the "place hold" button under the item's information. You can select several items at once by marking the check boxes next to each item and clicking the "place hold" button at the top of the screen.
- From this page, change the location to "Mailorder" to have the item(s) mailed to your house.
- Click "place hold."
How long will it take to receive my items?
Once the item has been pulled in from one of our locations and checked out to your account, it can take up to two weeks for the item to arrive in your mailbox. We take this time into account when we set the due dates for your items, but mail delays can happen. If you receive an item and notice that the due date is sooner than normal, feel free to renew the item or contact us so that we can assist you.
How do I return items to Mail Order?
You can return items to any of our libraries to save us postage!
To return items by mail:
- Place the provided return label on the outside of the bag, directly over the top of the mailing label.
- Place the item back in the mail bag and seal it.
- Put the bag in your mailbox or take it to the post office or any UPS store to be returned to the library.
Why are the items I returned by mail still checked out?
It can take up to two weeks for items to arrive by mail and be checked in by our Mail Order Library. We do not charge late fines, so there is no penalty for having items slightly overdue on your account. As soon as the items are checked in, the items are removed from your account. For questions or concerns, please contact us.
What's available through the Mail Order Library?
Books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs, and more! If it's available in our online catalog, it can be delivered to you.
How do I get a copy of the printed Mail Order catalog?
The printed catalog is automatically distributed to all rural addresses. If you haven't received one, you can download it here or pick up a copy at any of our libraries. Don't forget: The printed Mail Order catalog lists suggested items and popular materials - but you can order anything that is available in our online catalog!
Who can use the service?
Our Mail Order Library is available to anyone who has a library card and lives or owns property in Chelan, Douglas, Ferry, Grant, or Okanogan counties.